Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Self-Publishing--Showing the Money--Month Four




Yesterday I downloaded my Amazon statement, and, like I have in the last two months, I'm going to share the information in an attempt to help other authors know what's possible with self-publishing. As before, I'm going to remind readers that every author's self-publishing experience is going to be different. I seem to be doing unusually well, and I'm very grateful to everyone who's bought my books since I first began publishing them on April 28th, 2011. Right now, I'm almost to 21,000 sales of the two Montana Skies books in four and a half months.

AUGUST

Wild Montana Sky had 5048 US sales at 35% of .99 for a total of $1755.57.
Starry Montana Sky had 2115 US sales at 70% of $2.99 for a total of 4335.67.
Starry Montana Sky had 54 sales outside countries Amazon is contracted with at 35% of $2.99 for a total of $56.70.

Total for the Montana Sky Series: $6147.94.

I self-published the first book of my fantasy romance trilogy, Sower of Dreams, on the last day of July. In August, I had 93 sales at 35% of .99 for a total of $32.55. Reaper of Dreams was self-published on August 7 and had 44 sales at 70% of $2.99 for $90.16 and one outside sale at 35% for $1.05.

Total for The Gods' Dream Trilogy: $126.76.

Total for both series: $6271.70

As in the previous months, the sales at Barnes and Noble are still under $100. They are inching closer to $100, though. At the end of the month, I'll blog about the B & N numbers.

This month (so far) is slower than the two previous months. I'm at:

Wild Montana Sky: 1968
Starry Montana Sky: 804
Sower of Dreams: 44
Reaper of Dreams: 23

However, I've heard enough other self-published authors complain that their sales are slower this months. Maybe people are too busy during the back to school rush that they aren't buying as many books.

If you're wondering about my promotion efforts, I'm not doing much. Read my previous (and future) blogs to see what I'm doing.






6 comments:

  1. And I was happy I hit $1000 this month! I hope my sales pick up like yours have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I've never seen such openness. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paty,

    Congrats on that $1000! More will come!

    Carole, Other authors who've been open with their numbers helped me make the decision to self-publish. I want to be of similar service.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debra, your sales are amazing! But just wait until your fantasy series takes off the way it deserves to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I continue to be inspired by your success, Debra. Thanks so much for sharing.

    Lisa Mondello
    http://www.lisamondello.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete